I have a serious weakness for fruit of all kinds. This fruit salad is one of the best ways to enjoy fruit, anytime of the year. It is a great salad for potlucks, holidays and family get togethers, I call it the perfect, any occasion, recipe.
When I first made this recipe, I wasn’t sure about the package of Jello or the pudding that it called for. But………I do have a favorite fruit juice based tapioca that I have made forever, so I was anxious to make this salad. So glad I did, I have enjoyed playing with it ever since. It’s an easy recipe to adapt to whatever fruits you have on hand or that are available fresh. Just remember that you do need the juice when you make the cooked part of the recipe.
Add some fresh strawberries to the dish…
I knew I was going to get carried away with the pictures today, this salad is just too pretty and too good!
Pinterest sized pictures for boards.
- 1 can (15oz) Mandarin oranges
- 1 can (20oz) pineapple tidbits, in juice
- 1 can (15 oz) sliced peaches
- 1 can (6 oz) pineapple juice, might not need all
- 1 large box vanilla pudding and pie filling (cooking type)
- 1 small box strawberry banana Jello
- 3 Tbsp tapioca (instant, granulated)
- 2 large bananas
- 1 Cup red seedless grapes
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cut up (optional)
- Drain canned fruit, reserving the juices. Place fruit into a large bowl.
- Measure reserved fruit juice, adding pineapple juice, if needed, to equal 3 Cups total.
- In a large saucepan, combine vanilla pudding mix, Jello mix and tapioca. Stir in the 3 cups of juice. Let this stand for 5-10 minutes. Over medium heat, cook juice and pudding mixture until thick. Cool.
- Add the bananas, grapes and strawberries (if using) to the canned fruit. Pour the cooled juice mixture over the bowl of fruit and stir gently.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.