Orange, pineapple and banana blend together and make a great tropical fruit quick bread. Moist and tender, this bread is my favorite to go with chicken salad. We eat a big variety of salads in the summer and it goes great with just about all of them. Maybe too good, I keep having to make double batches!
When I think about it, I like it with a lot of foods and it’s perfect with a cup of coffee, anytime.
I’ve probably mentioned that I live on a popular lake in Northern Michigan and summer brings it’s share of company. I try to have extra bread in the freezer for unexpected guests. This one freezes perfectly and it’s comforting to have on hand.
This bread is fast to put together and I love the summery taste.
- 2 sticks Salted Butter, softened
- 2 C sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 4 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp orange zest, about 2 oranges
- 15 oz can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 C chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 cups all-purpose Flour
- 3 tsp baking Powder
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 9 inch loaf pans with baking spray.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light colored and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time then mix in vanilla, bananas, orange juice, orange zest, pineapple and chopped pecans if using.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently stir into the wet ingredients.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pinterest ready pictures