I am happy to finally be able to post again. The absence was my own fault, I tried to add some things to the blog that didn’t work. I had no idea what I had done wrong and it wasn’t the simple fix I tried. I got mad at me, the blog and the rest of the world. But now I have back, most of what was missing, so here we go……Back to something I know more about, cooking and baking!
The perfect brownie is hard to achieve for most bakers. Variables in the type of chocolate, the amount of fat to flour and baking time all can produce different brownies. Some recipes make cake like brownies and other recipes chewy brownies. The perfect brownie for many people is one that is moist and fudgy yet still tender and chocolaty. That what this recipe for Super Fudgy Brownies is all about.
These are decadent, more like fudge with some flour mixed in.
These brownies are sweet enough, no frosting is needed. A cold glass of milk or some ice cream is totally up to you! Please note: They need to be cooled completely before cutting and removing from the pan. When hot they are very gooey.
- 16 oz semi sweet chocolate chips*
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 sticks (1/2 lb) plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lb (2½ cups packed) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and 2 tablespoons butter over low heat while stirring. Remove when melted and cool slightly.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining ½ lb of butter, stir in sugar. Add to chocolate mixture. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla, flour and salt. Fold in nuts (optional).
- Turn mixture into a lightly oiled 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool completely before cutting and removing from pan.
- *many packages of chocolate chips are 12 oz. so watch the weight
Pinterest Pictures Great size to Pin